Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Woman’s Hair Bursts Into Flames

Evil Clown Bothers Police Psychic With Obscure Drawings Prompted By Dreams

Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone

Bateman sometimes used to leave his sketches in the fax machine at Pierce & Pierce – remember fax machines?

I found a few behind / under the desk with transmission slips to foreign human rights organizations. Late at night, mostly.

Once I found a long and rambling fax (drawing free) asking how much it would cost to sponsor a very detailed report documenting certain incidents with eye witness accounts and photos.

Another time, in the elevator, he was compulsively scratching his face and a concerned looking Luis Carruthers asked him what was wrong.

Patrick said his ‘Mask’ was ‘Itchy’.

Luis smirked and they discussed some kind of European moisturizer.

Neither paid any attention to me (then or ever) and I tried to keep my eyes fixed on the panel buttons.

My mind wandered and I let my eye stray. It caught Luis’s reflection. And, for a fraction of a moment, his face positively Fawned at Patrick then eerily snapped straight.

I felt, suddenly, that I was very alone and that I had caught Luis in a private moment by himself.

I covered my spasm with a cough - I still get anxious wondering if it sounded too self-conscience, or something - and willfully fixed my eye back on the buttons.

I kept an informal file of the things I had found.

I quit a few days later, but burned the file 2 years later when I found them again unpacking after a fairly recent move.

  • Evil Clown


  • Spongebob: It's not about winning, it's about fun!

    Plankton: What's that?

    Spongebob: Fun is when you fun isn’t like it's kinda’ sorta’ like a What is fun? Here, let me spell it for you!

    Spongebob:
    F is for friends who do stuff together
    U is for you and me
    N is for anywhere and anytime at all

    Chorus:
    Down here in the deep blue sea

    Plankton:
    F is for fire that burns down the whole town
    U is for uranium bombs!
    N is for no survivors when you…

    etc.

    - Spongebob Squarepants Lyrics - FUN Song

    ##

    Labels: , , ,

    2Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are slowly weaning me onto your art and your sounds. A drug pusher in the worst of all forms!

    I am going to buy you a present for your son. I think you will love both the art and the story.

    If you stop now I will go through withdrawl and it will be worse than that time thefish ate my retina and I had to chase them down the middle of the 6 lane highway in Chicago. Don't let that happen; my health is in your hands.

    Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:46:00 AM  
    Blogger paul said...

    the madonna quote is the most disturbing bit in this post.

    Wednesday, July 19, 2006 3:23:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Blog Directory Humor Blog Top
Sites Globe of Blogs