Thursday, September 29, 2005

Evil Evil Clown Comment

My last post ‘Clyde the Clown Coloring Contest’ drew my first comment.

I was elated
and suddenly afraid…

Anonymous said...
It’s so nice to see satire is not dead!

Wait, this is satire right?

Wait, what's satire again?

Thanks,
Lips vib kipple


Dear Lips vib kipple:

Thank you for taking time to write.

To answer your question:

I don’t know.

Satire and Irony have become foggily unbound; I stand on uncertain ground.

I concoct, conjure and am confronted with folly and virtue from the everyday. In my uncertainty and in my confusion I lose track of who the clowns are anymore.

When I speak it is equivocation; when I act it is a lampoon. Overcome with semi-consciousness
I attack with imperfect tenderness.

In a word: help me.

Litotes
Evilevilclown.blogspot.com

-----

I fake my life like I've lived, too much
I take whatever you're giving, not enough
Overground, watch this space
I'm open to falling from grace

Sneaker Pimps, 1996

##

Labels: , , ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory Humor Blog Top
Sites Globe of Blogs